On April 23rd, 2020 the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA) Board of Commissioners (BOC) met and approved Stage 1 of the ENA Redevelopment Plan for One San Pedro.
The first stage focused on creating a community-based development concept and implementing a robust resident and community engagement program. This action allows the development team to continue working on its redevelopment efforts with HACLA and start Stage 2.
The primary focus of Stage 2 will be on the entitlement and environmental review process, including drafting a specific plan that will provide the regulatory framework to redevelop within the 23-acre public housing site. This framework will be added as an amendment to the San Pedro Community Plan and will require additional engagement with local agencies, City departments, and the community at large to coordinate public and private investment in infrastructure, transportation, and recreational facilities.
- Stage 1 Redevelopment Plan Approved by HACLA Board
- One San Pedro Transformation Plan Submitted
- One San Pedro Collaborative is looking for a new Director of Community Development
- Local Office opens to serve as community hub for One San Pedro
- People’s Planning School empowers local residents